Who to Call and How to Get Emergency Service
If you need food, the Fairbanks Community Food Bank is here to help you
We receive free food and we give it away freely….so, this is what we expect from you:
- THE FOOD BANK PROVIDES TEN EMERGENCY FOOD BOXES IN A CALENDAR YEAR.
- THE FOOD BOXES HAVE A MINIMUM OF 3 DAYS SUPPLY OF FOOD.
We strive for at least 20 pounds of food per person. The food box will have basic nutritional items and then any other surplus available in the warehouse. The amount given depends on the daily food intake at the food bank.
- SINCE THE BOX IS PACKED FOR A MINIMUM OF 3 DAYS, YOU MAY NOT REQUEST ONE MORE OFTEN THAN THAT.
- YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO QUALIFY:
NOTE: Your box will be delayed or refused if this information is not verifiable at the Food Bank or at the agency you placed the order. Please be very accurate so there are no record keeping problems for the Food Bank or the agency.
- Correct spelling of your name as listed on you photo ID
- Date of birth which is verified on your photo ID
- Ages of all Children in your household
- Same information for ALL ADULTS in your household. If this information is not available at the time the order is placed or not presented at the pickup, the box will not be packed or released.
NO FOOD IS AVAILABLE DIRECTLY FROM THE FOOD BANK WAREHOUSE
No individual orders are taken there and no food is distributed to individuals from there. Food is only available through the distribution churches and agencies on their specified days (see other side). If you need help in locating the point of distribution, call 452-7761 or 45-SHARE.
ALL ORDERS MUST BE PLACED BETWEEN 10:00 AM & 12:00 NOON
Monday through Friday. All orders must be picked up according to the instructions given at the church / agency that you call, but usually in the afternoon of the same day ordered. We thank the many generous donors of time and food and people in Fairbanks, who work so hard to make this surplus food distribution possible. Please remember this is operated almost entirely by volunteers and the schedules are very important. If you miss the order time listed above, no one will be available to assist you.
AGENCIES WHO CAN GIVE REFERRALS:
- Community Mental Health 452-1575
- TCC 452-6682
- OCS 451-2650
- Access Alaska 479-7940
- Ready Care 456-4524
- Public Health Center 452-1776
- RCPC 456-2866
- WIC program 456-2990
- Love, Inc. 452-5683
DON’T FORGET… on site daily meals at Breadline (weekdays), Rescue Mission (breakfast, lunch & dinner), and Immaculate Conception Church (weekend).