Kendall Auto Alaska vote update - why your vote is so important to this Food Bank
Thank you to the many faithful donors (and in this case, voters, as well) that support this local Food Bank. We would not be here, serving about 200 people and 20 or more local agencies EACH DAY, without you!
Kendall Auto Alaska is doing a promotion that could win the Fairbanks Community Food Bank (and three other agencies) $5000. That is vital for us this time of year when our regular donations are at their lowest point of the year.
Taking just a minute a day and voting on the Kendall Auto Alaska Facebook page is all it takes to help us stay in the top four (the top 4 are the only positions funded). This is the easiest way to earn $5000 we have ever had and we don't want to miss the opportunity.
As it stands this morning:
Boys and Girls Club has a whopping 232 votes
Make-A-Wish Foundation is a close second at 224 votes
We are a distant third with 113 votes
Autism Society is not too far behind us with 96 votes
United Way of the Tanana Valley is at 89 votes
Literacy Council is at 64 votes
Closely following them is the Special Olympics with 63 votes
RCPC comes in next with 48 votes
Breast Cancer Detection Center has 21 votes
And Rescue Mission has 17 votes
Only the top four will be funded. Please go online today (and every day thru next Thursday, April 26th) and vote for the Fairbanks Community Food Bank!
(They only allow one vote per computer per 24 hours so if you vote at 4pm one day you have to wait until after 4pm the next day).
TO VOTE: You can use any of the links above OR
Log into your facebook page
Search for Kendall Auto Alaska
Click on the Red Smiley Face that says Kendall Cares - VOTE or scroll down till you see Kendall Cares - Choose Your Favorite Charity
Choose the Fairbanks Community Food Bank logo
And for extra help for us, use their "Add a comment" link and add a comment to your own facebook page.
Posted by Anne Weaver - Tuesday, 04/17/12, 10:10 PM -
CategoriesNo categories found.
- Volunteers: On your marks, get set, GO!
- Quota Club & Order of Easter Stars bring in Easter treats for our customers
- Visit Sam's Club this weekend for a new way to help this LOCAL Food Bank
- Longtime fire chief, community volunteer Bill Shechter dies
- Two more wood bison!
- Paige Gappert donates from her proceeds again. What an amazing kid!
- American Legion Post 57 continues to support the veterans and their families!
- Thank you Alaska Airline's employees for your food AND your dollars!
- Food came in all the way from Washington DC yesterday - thank you Senator Begich's staff for your personal donations!
- Thank you Sourdough Transfer for your "Move Hunger" food drive!
- Santa visits our TEFAP distribution and brings smiles to the kids faces
- The Fairbanks City Police brought in 5 complete meals for our customers!
- The Little Match Girl was a lovely production at DTF. Reminds us of the hard times many folks have in these cold winters!
- "Why are you giving to us today?" "We chose to not have an office Christmas Party..."
- Christmas boxes for Salvation Army all packed and out the door! Merry Christmas!
- "One for us, one for the Food Bank..." A childhood lesson remembered
- THANK YOU to all the folks purchasing End Hunger bags at Safeway. They are coming in by the 100s!
- 26 years after a customer was served he says "...I was inspired by the two food boxes I received..."
- Thank you Ayala for your "Random Acts of Christmas Kindness" certificate!
- So who is Mr. Potato Head? Why, George Berry, of course!