Thank you Flint Hills Resources and United Way of the Tanana Valley!
Flint Hills Resources held a wonderful thank you party for over 140 volunteers from over 20 agencies yesterday!
We had the great honor of thanking Mike Walsh (not pictured) - Board President, Brad Johnson - Board Vice President, Robert Holden - Past President, Hollis Hall - Board Secretary, Karen Kiss - Board Treasurer, Larry Baillon - Board Member and daily volunteer (30 hours a week), Stan Zielinski - volunteer for over 20 years, Jim Murray - daily volunteer (30 hours a week).
Below is Jim Murray, preping for the luncheon, but always on duty!
Many thanks to Flint Hills Resources for the wonderful lunch, and also to United Way of the Tanana Valley who worked with FHR to organize this great event.
It is so hard to pick 8 out of 1800 incredibly valuable volunteers. For the other 1792 of you, you are the backbone of this organization and are so appreciated! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this Fairbanks Community Food Bank, and to the Fairbanks community.
Posted by Anne Weaver - Thursday, 04/19/12, 01:23 PM -
CategoriesNo categories found.
- Quota Club & Order of Easter Stars bring in Easter treats for our customers
- Visit Sam's Club this weekend for a new way to help this LOCAL Food Bank
- Longtime fire chief, community volunteer Bill Shechter dies
- Two more wood bison!
- Paige Gappert donates from her proceeds again. What an amazing kid!
- American Legion Post 57 continues to support the veterans and their families!
- Thank you Alaska Airline's employees for your food AND your dollars!
- Food came in all the way from Washington DC yesterday - thank you Senator Begich's staff for your personal donations!
- Thank you Sourdough Transfer for your "Move Hunger" food drive!
- Santa visits our TEFAP distribution and brings smiles to the kids faces
- The Fairbanks City Police brought in 5 complete meals for our customers!
- The Little Match Girl was a lovely production at DTF. Reminds us of the hard times many folks have in these cold winters!
- "Why are you giving to us today?" "We chose to not have an office Christmas Party..."
- Christmas boxes for Salvation Army all packed and out the door! Merry Christmas!
- "One for us, one for the Food Bank..." A childhood lesson remembered
- THANK YOU to all the folks purchasing End Hunger bags at Safeway. They are coming in by the 100s!
- 26 years after a customer was served he says "...I was inspired by the two food boxes I received..."
- Thank you Ayala for your "Random Acts of Christmas Kindness" certificate!
- So who is Mr. Potato Head? Why, George Berry, of course!
- Fairbanks Chiropractic Clinic brings in a whopping 1,096 pounds of food!