Lemonade Stands a success!!
Did you notice the mass number of cheery Lemonade Stands dotting the community yesterday? There were over 150,000 kids, registered in 36 different cities across the nation, (300 in Fairbanks & North Pole, alone!) participating in Lemonade Day. The point? Teaching youth how to start, own, and operate their own business through a lemonade stand.
In this model, the children keep 1/3 of the proceeds for their own use, save 1/3 of the proceeds (important personal skill to learn!) and given 1/3 of their proceeds for community support (important community skill to learn!).
At this point I know of at least two of the Lemonade Stands that were directly working for Fairbanks Community Food Bank dollars - special thanks to the Dixon children and Paige Gappert!
I haven't heard the total yet from the Dixon kiddos, but Paige reported earning a whopping $70 for the Food Bank (that means she grossed $210 yesterday - WOW Paige!!)
We were sorry to not be able to stop by all the stands yesterday (especially the Dixon family because we want to support those that support us!) but we sure did enjoy the cookies & lemonade we were able to purchase!
Great work to all the Lemonade Stand owners and operators yesterday! At the Food Bank we highly value the skills you learned over the last month! Thank you for your support!
Posted by Anne Weaver - Monday, 05/07/12, 10:40 AM -
CategoriesNo categories found.
- Jan 2013
- Feb 2013
- Mar 2013
- Apr 2013
- May 2013
- Jun 2013
- Jul 2013
- Aug 2013
- Sep 2013
- Oct 2013
- Nov 2013
- Dec 2013
- WOW! The Brigade Troops Battalion brought in 13,000 food items today!
- Catholic School Fairbanks makes a GREAT Thanksgiving treat!
- Matthew Collins, Manager of Vehicles and Maintenance, dies at 48
- Chatanika Car Show on Saturday!
- WOW Olivia! 161 pounds for your first birthday!
- Thank you Olivia! Enjoy your first birthday!
- Volunteers: On your marks, get set, GO!
- Quota Club & Order of Easter Stars bring in Easter treats for our customers
- Visit Sam's Club this weekend for a new way to help this LOCAL Food Bank
- Longtime fire chief, community volunteer Bill Shechter dies
- Two more wood bison!
- Paige Gappert donates from her proceeds again. What an amazing kid!
- American Legion Post 57 continues to support the veterans and their families!
- Thank you Alaska Airline's employees for your food AND your dollars!
- Food came in all the way from Washington DC yesterday - thank you Senator Begich's staff for your personal donations!
- Thank you Sourdough Transfer for your "Move Hunger" food drive!
- Santa visits our TEFAP distribution and brings smiles to the kids faces
- The Fairbanks City Police brought in 5 complete meals for our customers!
- The Little Match Girl was a lovely production at DTF. Reminds us of the hard times many folks have in these cold winters!
- "Why are you giving to us today?" "We chose to not have an office Christmas Party..."