The Fairbanks Community Food Bank will receive over $6000 from Fred Meyers customers and employees!!
From November 6, 2011 through January 28, 2012, Fred Meyer customers in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington donated coins designated for these relief groups. Additionally, Fred Meyer employees chose to combine their quarterly donations to the Fred Meyer Fund – Fred Meyer’s corporate foundation – with the coin box donations. The coin box and employee donations go to the food bank that serves the community in which the donations were made.
The Fairbanks Community Food Bank will receive $6,291.82 from Fred Meyer customers and employees, who donated almost $300,000 in the fourth quarter by dropping their change in the coin boxes located at Fred Meyer checkstands.
Pictured above (from left to right) are Fred Meyer employees Monica Apfelbeck, David Atlee, Laura Addis, Del McDuff presenting the check to Anne Weaver.
”With more food-insecure families than ever, we are pleased to be able to help alleviate some of the hunger by assisting local food banks,” said Melinda Merrill, public affairs director for Fred Meyer Stores. “The generosity of our customers and employees to their neighbors is something to celebrate.”
Fred Meyer has had coin boxes at its checkstands for more than 10 years, and the money collected in those coin boxes is distributed through the company’s corporate foundation, the Fred Meyer Fund. In 2011, the coin boxes raised more than $600,000, which was donated to local food banks, local military family support organizations, youth development and K-12 education, and programs promoting cancer awareness.
Thank you Fred Meyers for all you do! The food we receive from you every month is invaluable for serving our customers. We have also been recipients of the generosity of the Fred Meyer's Fund - you funded one of our trucks that we use for food pickup.
You are a friend to this Fairbanks Community Food Bank and for that we are grateful!
Posted by Anne Weaver - Tuesday, 05/08/12, 02:38 PM -
CategoriesNo categories found.
- WOW Olivia! 161 pounds for your first birthday!
- Thank you Olivia! Enjoy your first birthday!
- Volunteers: On your marks, get set, GO!
- Quota Club & Order of Easter Stars bring in Easter treats for our customers
- Visit Sam's Club this weekend for a new way to help this LOCAL Food Bank
- Longtime fire chief, community volunteer Bill Shechter dies
- Two more wood bison!
- Paige Gappert donates from her proceeds again. What an amazing kid!
- American Legion Post 57 continues to support the veterans and their families!
- Thank you Alaska Airline's employees for your food AND your dollars!
- Food came in all the way from Washington DC yesterday - thank you Senator Begich's staff for your personal donations!
- Thank you Sourdough Transfer for your "Move Hunger" food drive!
- Santa visits our TEFAP distribution and brings smiles to the kids faces
- The Fairbanks City Police brought in 5 complete meals for our customers!
- The Little Match Girl was a lovely production at DTF. Reminds us of the hard times many folks have in these cold winters!
- "Why are you giving to us today?" "We chose to not have an office Christmas Party..."
- Christmas boxes for Salvation Army all packed and out the door! Merry Christmas!
- "One for us, one for the Food Bank..." A childhood lesson remembered
- THANK YOU to all the folks purchasing End Hunger bags at Safeway. They are coming in by the 100s!
- 26 years after a customer was served he says "...I was inspired by the two food boxes I received..."