Donate: Dollar Multiplier Program
Every day workers make mistakes. Most of their “goofs” wind up in the trash can.
That’s the way it used to be in the food industry around here –– before the Fairbanks Community Food Bank came on the scene!
For example, a local pizza cook may hear “no cheese” instead of “anchovies.” Suddenly the pizza is an “Oops,” and now the manager pops it in the freezer –– for us to collect.
Other times, an “all-you-can-eat” buffet has “more-than-they-need” lasagna, and now the surplus goes into a deep-chill refrigerator –– again for us.
Or a food processing plant puts the wrong code numbers on the tops of a bunch of cans. As a result no one wants their vegetables. But now those cases are set aside for us.
All these food “mistakes” are still very edible. They should fill someone’s dinner plate, not a landfill.
And that’s what happens because of your generous support of the Fairbanks Community Food Bank. Instead of having this food go to the dump, it goes to us to help families in need.
It just makes good sense. It eliminates waste. It feeds hungry people. It also makes your generosity go a long way.
The fact is that because of all this surplus food, for every $1 we spend gathering, handling, sorting and distributing it –– we can provide $14 worth of healthy, nutritious food for those who need it most.
Imagine $14 worth of food for only a dollar! That’s a 14:1 multiplier!
But there are always more families in need of food than we have the funds needed to collect and distribute it.
That’s why your support is so important to us! Through this 14:1 “multiplier” your gift of just $25 can provide $350 worth of food! A gift of $50 provides $700 worth of food. And a really generous response of $75 will make available $1,050 worth of food to hungry families!
You can give now and send a gift with real “multiplying power” today. You can donate several ways, including:
- Online: Use our secure online donation form with Google Checkout.
- By Phone: Give us a call at (907) 45-SHARE (907-457-4273) and we'll be happy to take your donation over the phone.
- By E-mail: To make a pledge or promise a gift, E-mail us at and we'll contact you to arrange the details.
- By Mail: Monetary donations may also be sent to:
Fairbanks Community Food Bank
"Dollar Multiplier" Campaign
725 26th Avenue
Fairbanks, AK 99701
- In Person: You can also bring them to our main Food Bank facility which is open to the public 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Please mark all your donations “Dollar Multiplier"