Lemonade Stands a success!!
Did you notice the mass number of cheery Lemonade Stands dotting the community yesterday? There were over 150,000 kids, registered in 36 different cities across the nation, (300 in Fairbanks & North Pole, alone!) participating in Lemonade Day. The point? Teaching youth how to start, own, and operate their own business through a lemonade stand.
In this model, the children keep 1/3 of the proceeds for their own use, save 1/3 of the proceeds (important personal skill to learn!) and given 1/3 of their proceeds for community support (important community skill to learn!).
At this point I know of at least two of the Lemonade Stands that were directly working for Fairbanks Community Food Bank dollars - special thanks to the Dixon children and Paige Gappert!
I haven't heard the total yet from the Dixon kiddos, but Paige reported earning a whopping $70 for the Food Bank (that means she grossed $210 yesterday - WOW Paige!!)
We were sorry to not be able to stop by all the stands yesterday (especially the Dixon family because we want to support those that support us!) but we sure did enjoy the cookies & lemonade we were able to purchase!
Great work to all the Lemonade Stand owners and operators yesterday! At the Food Bank we highly value the skills you learned over the last month! Thank you for your support!
Posted by Anne Weaver - Monday, 05/07/12, 10:40 AM -
CategoriesNo categories found.
- Quota Club & Order of Easter Stars bring in Easter treats for our customers
- Visit Sam's Club this weekend for a new way to help this LOCAL Food Bank
- Longtime fire chief, community volunteer Bill Shechter dies
- Two more wood bison!
- Paige Gappert donates from her proceeds again. What an amazing kid!
- American Legion Post 57 continues to support the veterans and their families!
- Thank you Alaska Airline's employees for your food AND your dollars!
- Food came in all the way from Washington DC yesterday - thank you Senator Begich's staff for your personal donations!
- Thank you Sourdough Transfer for your "Move Hunger" food drive!
- Santa visits our TEFAP distribution and brings smiles to the kids faces
- The Fairbanks City Police brought in 5 complete meals for our customers!
- The Little Match Girl was a lovely production at DTF. Reminds us of the hard times many folks have in these cold winters!
- "Why are you giving to us today?" "We chose to not have an office Christmas Party..."
- Christmas boxes for Salvation Army all packed and out the door! Merry Christmas!
- "One for us, one for the Food Bank..." A childhood lesson remembered
- THANK YOU to all the folks purchasing End Hunger bags at Safeway. They are coming in by the 100s!
- 26 years after a customer was served he says "...I was inspired by the two food boxes I received..."
- Thank you Ayala for your "Random Acts of Christmas Kindness" certificate!
- So who is Mr. Potato Head? Why, George Berry, of course!
- Fairbanks Chiropractic Clinic brings in a whopping 1,096 pounds of food!