Keep those food items coming!
Occasionally we set a BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) and we have done that during the month of May.
We celebrate the Food Bank’s 30th Birthday during May (1982 – 2012) and we are aiming to collect 30,000 pounds of food items for that event!
We are half way there, with the Letter Carrier’s event which started last Saturday and will end this week, and we want to keep on going until end of May.
Also, if you have ever donated food or money to the food bank, or received food from the food bank, or volunteered at the food bank in the past 30 years – please call Sam personally at 456-7267 and tell her your story. We are gathering stories and good wishes for the NEXT 30 years!.
You can also go online to www.fairbanksfoodbank.org and read stories shared by others or go to facebook.com and search for Fairbanks Community Food Bank to write your own story.
This is a time to celebrate 30 years of SHARING in our community.
Posted by Anne Weaver - Monday, 05/14/12, 03:01 PM -
CategoriesNo categories found.
- Quota Club & Order of Easter Stars bring in Easter treats for our customers
- Visit Sam's Club this weekend for a new way to help this LOCAL Food Bank
- Longtime fire chief, community volunteer Bill Shechter dies
- Two more wood bison!
- Paige Gappert donates from her proceeds again. What an amazing kid!
- American Legion Post 57 continues to support the veterans and their families!
- Thank you Alaska Airline's employees for your food AND your dollars!
- Food came in all the way from Washington DC yesterday - thank you Senator Begich's staff for your personal donations!
- Thank you Sourdough Transfer for your "Move Hunger" food drive!
- Santa visits our TEFAP distribution and brings smiles to the kids faces
- The Fairbanks City Police brought in 5 complete meals for our customers!
- The Little Match Girl was a lovely production at DTF. Reminds us of the hard times many folks have in these cold winters!
- "Why are you giving to us today?" "We chose to not have an office Christmas Party..."
- Christmas boxes for Salvation Army all packed and out the door! Merry Christmas!
- "One for us, one for the Food Bank..." A childhood lesson remembered
- THANK YOU to all the folks purchasing End Hunger bags at Safeway. They are coming in by the 100s!
- 26 years after a customer was served he says "...I was inspired by the two food boxes I received..."
- Thank you Ayala for your "Random Acts of Christmas Kindness" certificate!
- So who is Mr. Potato Head? Why, George Berry, of course!
- Fairbanks Chiropractic Clinic brings in a whopping 1,096 pounds of food!