A beautiful note from a first time customer
We received a beautiful email from a first time customer recently. It has been slightly modified to keep her identity anonymous, but otherwise, below is her note.
"I just wanted to tell you how very happy I was with the boxes of food I picked up from Fairhill Community Church on Friday.
I was so impressed with the amount and assortment of vegetables and fruits in the boxes! There was even some coconut milk available. It was so good to see alternative products being put out there as well, as I don't drink milk.
Though I was feeling sad and humiliated walking in to pick up the boxes, the folks at the church were very pleasant and upbeat and helped make the experience a good one, I had a smile the rest of the day because of these folks and the good food provided by the food bank.
I wanted to let you know that your efforts are appreciated!"
Thank you! And thank you to Fairhill Community Church - you have served the people of this community, and this Fairbanks Community Food Bank, wonderfully for MANY years!
On the Friday that she is talking about we did have an abundance of fruits and vegetables, and even some coconut milk - but we don't always. We rely on this community for the food (we don't purchase food) and therefore we can only give out what we receive. Some days our fruits and veggies are low and some days we don't have alternative products, but many days, thanks to Fairbank's support, we have treats of some sort that we can put in the boxes.
Thank you, Fairbanks, for your 30 years of food, volunteer, and financial support! YOU, Fairbanks, made this gal's day better. We are very proud to be a part of such a sharing and caring community.
Posted by Anne Weaver - Tuesday, 07/10/12, 10:38 AM -
CategoriesNo categories found.
- Volunteers: On your marks, get set, GO!
- Quota Club & Order of Easter Stars bring in Easter treats for our customers
- Visit Sam's Club this weekend for a new way to help this LOCAL Food Bank
- Longtime fire chief, community volunteer Bill Shechter dies
- Two more wood bison!
- Paige Gappert donates from her proceeds again. What an amazing kid!
- American Legion Post 57 continues to support the veterans and their families!
- Thank you Alaska Airline's employees for your food AND your dollars!
- Food came in all the way from Washington DC yesterday - thank you Senator Begich's staff for your personal donations!
- Thank you Sourdough Transfer for your "Move Hunger" food drive!
- Santa visits our TEFAP distribution and brings smiles to the kids faces
- The Fairbanks City Police brought in 5 complete meals for our customers!
- The Little Match Girl was a lovely production at DTF. Reminds us of the hard times many folks have in these cold winters!
- "Why are you giving to us today?" "We chose to not have an office Christmas Party..."
- Christmas boxes for Salvation Army all packed and out the door! Merry Christmas!
- "One for us, one for the Food Bank..." A childhood lesson remembered
- THANK YOU to all the folks purchasing End Hunger bags at Safeway. They are coming in by the 100s!
- 26 years after a customer was served he says "...I was inspired by the two food boxes I received..."
- Thank you Ayala for your "Random Acts of Christmas Kindness" certificate!
- So who is Mr. Potato Head? Why, George Berry, of course!