Thursday is CANNED FOOD DAY at the Tanana Valley State Fair!
Thursday is our big CANNED FOOD DAY AT THE FAIR day! 4 cans and $2.
From January through August we give out 80,000 more pounds of food EACH MONTH then we bring in so by the time the CANNED FOOD DAY at the Fair comes around our food supply is very low!
This is an important food drive for us. Thank you for your faithful support of this event, and of this Fairbanks Community Food Bank, for all these years! Every can of food is valuable and appreciated!
And extra thanks to the Tanana Valley State Fair for sponsoring this event, along with Alyeska Pipeline. And also, to 168th Air National Guard - your volunteers make the Food Bank side of this event go so smooth!
See you at the Fair!
Posted by Anne Weaver - Monday, 08/06/12, 10:45 AM -
CategoriesNo categories found.
- Jan 2013
- Feb 2013
- Mar 2013
- Apr 2013
- May 2013
- Jun 2013
- Jul 2013
- Aug 2013
- Sep 2013
- Oct 2013
- Nov 2013
- Dec 2013
- WOW! The Brigade Troops Battalion brought in 13,000 food items today!
- Catholic School Fairbanks makes a GREAT Thanksgiving treat!
- Matthew Collins, Manager of Vehicles and Maintenance, dies at 48
- Chatanika Car Show on Saturday!
- WOW Olivia! 161 pounds for your first birthday!
- Thank you Olivia! Enjoy your first birthday!
- Volunteers: On your marks, get set, GO!
- Quota Club & Order of Easter Stars bring in Easter treats for our customers
- Visit Sam's Club this weekend for a new way to help this LOCAL Food Bank
- Longtime fire chief, community volunteer Bill Shechter dies
- Two more wood bison!
- Paige Gappert donates from her proceeds again. What an amazing kid!
- American Legion Post 57 continues to support the veterans and their families!
- Thank you Alaska Airline's employees for your food AND your dollars!
- Food came in all the way from Washington DC yesterday - thank you Senator Begich's staff for your personal donations!
- Thank you Sourdough Transfer for your "Move Hunger" food drive!
- Santa visits our TEFAP distribution and brings smiles to the kids faces
- The Fairbanks City Police brought in 5 complete meals for our customers!
- The Little Match Girl was a lovely production at DTF. Reminds us of the hard times many folks have in these cold winters!
- "Why are you giving to us today?" "We chose to not have an office Christmas Party..."