Thank you Olivia! Enjoy your first birthday!
Beautiful note from a donor: "I have six kids and my youngest is turning 1 and because she has so many siblings she already has too many toys. For her birthday we are asking guests to donate food or money for the food bank... we all have times that we struggle and its very important to me that we give back. Plus I really want my kids to understand that we are lucky that we live the life we live, it seems everyone is one "unlucky" event away from needing help from a food bank or the kindness of strangers. Thank you for doing what you do:)" - Kristina
Pictured is Olivia, the birthday girl :)
Posted by Anne Weaver - Tuesday, 06/11/13, 08:59 PM -
CategoriesNo categories found.
- Ladd Elementary School produces leaders with a heart for service!
- WOW! The Brigade Troops Battalion brought in 13,000 food items today!
- Catholic School Fairbanks makes a GREAT Thanksgiving treat!
- Matthew Collins, Manager of Vehicles and Maintenance, dies at 48
- Chatanika Car Show on Saturday!
- WOW Olivia! 161 pounds for your first birthday!
- Thank you Olivia! Enjoy your first birthday!
- Volunteers: On your marks, get set, GO!
- Quota Club & Order of Easter Stars bring in Easter treats for our customers
- Visit Sam's Club this weekend for a new way to help this LOCAL Food Bank
- Longtime fire chief, community volunteer Bill Shechter dies
- Two more wood bison!
- Paige Gappert donates from her proceeds again. What an amazing kid!
- American Legion Post 57 continues to support the veterans and their families!
- Thank you Alaska Airline's employees for your food AND your dollars!
- Food came in all the way from Washington DC yesterday - thank you Senator Begich's staff for your personal donations!
- Thank you Sourdough Transfer for your "Move Hunger" food drive!
- Santa visits our TEFAP distribution and brings smiles to the kids faces
- The Fairbanks City Police brought in 5 complete meals for our customers!
- The Little Match Girl was a lovely production at DTF. Reminds us of the hard times many folks have in these cold winters!